Bored in an elevator? Here is a list of fun things to do in an elevator.
1. Whistle the first seven notes of “It’s a Small World” incessantly.
2. Crack open your briefcase and while peering inside ask, “Got enough air in there?
3. Offer name tags to everyone getting on the elevator. Wear yours upside down.
4. Grimace painfully while smacking your forehead and muttering, “Sut up, darn it, all of you just shut UP!”
5. Stand silent and motionless in the corner, facing the wall, without getting off.
6. When arriving at your floor, grunt and strain to yank the doors open, then act embarrassed when they open by themselves.
7. Greet everyone getting on the elevator with a warm handshake and ask that they call you Admiral.
8. Stare, grinning, at another passenger for awhile, and then announce “I’ve got new socks on!”
9. Bet the other passengers you can fit a quarter in your nose.
10. Walk on with a cooler that says, “Human Head” on the side.
11. Stare at another passenger for awhile, and then announce, “You’re one of THEM, aren’t you?”
12. Wear a puppet on your hand and use it to talk to other passengers.
13. When the elevator is silent, look around and say, “Is that your beeper?”
14. Say “DING!” at each floor.
15. Say, “I wonder what these do...” and push all the red buttons.
16. Listen to the elevator walls with a stethoscope.
17. Draw a little square on the floor with chalk and announce to the other passengers that this is “your personal space.”
18. Announce in a demonic voice, “I must find a more suitable host today...”
19. Make explosion noises whenever anyone presses a button.
20. Make race car noises when people get on and off.
21. Blow your nose and offer to show the contents of your Kleenex to other passengers.
22. Sell Girl Scout cookies.
23. On a long ride, sway side to side at the natural frequency of the elevator.
25. Lean over to another passenger and whisper, “Ever had a Wet Willy?”
26. One word: Flatulence!
27. On the highest floor, hold the door open and demand that it stay open until you hear the penny you dropped down the shaft go “plink” at the bottom.
28. Do Tai Chi exercises.
29. When at least 8 people have boarded, moan from the back, “Oh, not now, damn motion sickness!”
30. Give religions tracts to each passenger.
31. Meow occasionally.
32. Frown and mutter, “Gotta go, gotta go,” then sigh and say, “oops!”
33. Show other passengers a wound and ask if it looks infected.
34. Sing “Mary Had a Little Lamb” while continuously pushing buttons.
35. Holler “Chutes away!” whenever the elevator descends.
36. Burp, then say, “Mmm, tasty!”
37. Leave a box between the doors.
38. Ask each passenger getting on if you can push the button for them, but push the wrong ones.
39. Start a sing-along.
40. Play the accordion.
41. Shadow box.
42. Lean against the button panel.
43. Bring a chair along.
44. Take a bite of sandwich and ask another passenger, “Wann see wha in muh mouf?”
45. Blow spit bubbles.
46. Pull gum out of your mouth in long strings.
47. Carry a blanket and clutch it protectively.
48. Wear “X-Ray Specs” and leer suggestively at other passengers.
49. Stare at your thumb and say, “I think it’s getting bigger.”
50. If anyone brushed against you, recoil fiercely and scream, “BAD TOUCH!”
51. Walk on with a cooler that says “Human Head” on the side.
52. Listen to the elevator walls with a stethoscope.
53. When there's only one other person in the elevator, tap them on the shoulder and then pretend it wasn't you.
54. Push the buttons and pretend they give you a shock. Smile, and go back for more.
55. Call the Psychic Hotline from your cell phone, and ask if they know what floor you're on.
56. Hold the doors open, and say that you're waiting for your friend. After a while, let the doors close and say, "Hi George, how's your day been?"
57. Drop a pen, and wait until someone reaches to help pick it up, and then scream, "That's mine!"
58. Bring a camera, and take pictures of everyone in the elevator.
59. Move your desk into the elevator, and whenever someone gets on, ask if they have an appointment.
60. Lay down a Twister mat and ask people if they'd like to play.
61. Leave a box in the corner, and when someone gets on, ask if they hear something ticking.
62. Pretend you are a flight attendant & review emergency procedures and exits with the passengers.
63. When the doors close, announce to the others, "It's okay. Don't panic, they'll open up again."
64. Swat at flies that don't exist.
65. Tell people, "I know what you're thinking."
66. Call out "Group Hug!" and then enforce it.
67. Go up to someone and say, "I love you! I know we have our differences but we were meant for each other! Please say you'll go out with me!"
68. Talk like a sports broadcaster.